Our client a rapidly growing Peer to Peer lender are looking for a professional and motivated Senior Portfolio Manager to join their expanding team to help assist with and manage a number of loans post draw down.
As the initial point of contact post loan drawn down, you as Senior Portfolio Manager will collect and review management information, ensure post conditions of the loans are met, pursue payments and manage the 'take-on’ of new cases.
The Senior Portfolio Manager will also be responsible for the management of a number of more complicated loans, including reporting to investors on a regular basis and for recommending and implementing strategies to address any risks or issues.
Review of new lending immediately post draw down
• Thorough review of the credit report, loan agreement and correspondence with the Relationship Support Team, understand and lead the ongoing information requirements and the subsequent monitoring requirements.
• Ensure consistency between the credit report, offer letter and loan agreement, highlight and deal with any inconsistencies.
• Perform post draw down tasks including issuing the introductory email to borrowers, executing the subsequent conditions, gaining receipt of insurance policies, setting up of case files etc.
Management Information (MI) / Annual Accounts (AA)
• Liaison with borrower to fully understand and/or query MI/AA.
• Review and analyse incoming MI/AA. Cross reference MI/AA to credit report, forecasts, historic information for trend analysis, identify any risks and/or issues and proactively address these.
• Accurately record all MI/AA on to the internal monitoring systems in a timely manner.
• Conduct covenant testing for each lend and fully maintain covenant tracker.
• Identify and pursue any overdue MI/AA through management of internal monitoring systems.
• Prepare and issue accurate weekly statistics regarding overdue MI/AA.
• Liaison with Finance team to review daily cash receipts.
• Fully maintain the payment tracker.
• Identify any overdue payments and liaise with the borrower to ensure payment in full.
• Prepare and issue accurate weekly loan repayment statistics.
• Prepare and issue periodic updates to lenders.
• Answer questions received from lenders.
• Prepare outgoing correspondence, including 'Reservation of Rights’ letters, redemption statements etc.
• Liaison with external parties, including solicitors and advisers.
• From ongoing review of MI/AA and monitoring of loan repayments, identify loans which may require additional management support, prepare briefing paper and present to the Loan Strategy Review committee. Follow up on actions and provide regular updates on progress.
• Prepare briefing papers for Credit/Relationship Managers to highlight specific cases where risks are identified. Ensure risks are mitigated or managed.
• Where appropriate schedule, attend and chair borrower meetings/visits.
• Record key learning points where multiple/common issues become evident and take action to address these points.
• Work to defined deadlines ensuring issues are escalated as necessary.
• Work effectively as part of the Team and share best practices to maximise operational efficiencies and drive consistency and continuous improvement.
• Coach and develop other members of the Team.
• Comply with relevant Group policies
• Undertake project work.
Skills & Knowledge
•Extensive experience in a similar role in financial services, demonstrating a track record of maintaining excellent oversight and control of a loan book portfolio
• Experience of working in an FCA (or similar) regulated environment
• Excellent knowledge of loan, security and financial documents
• Advanced knowledge of potential sources of risk and their impact on project success
• Organised with the ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team.
• Strong relationship building skills with the capability of operating with people at all levels
• Ability to use appropriate influencing styles to gain 'creditability’ and 'buy in’
• Proactive self-starter
• Excellent management and organisational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and disseminate information to both technical and non-technical people
• Good attention to detail and accuracy
• A passion for continuous improvement
• A good understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
This is an ideal opportunity for a Portfolio Manager to join an expanding business supported by an enthusiastic team with rewards of base salary of up to £70,000 PA bonus scheme, pension scheme, life cover and other related benefits.
Take charge of your career and apply now!!
You will be rewarded with a very generous basic salary, bonus potential and benefits package including a whole
range of flexible benefits.
Please note that our client is an equal opportunities Employer and adheres to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.