Sales Manager (Financial Services)
Our client is one the largest Financial Services firms across the UK with a breadth of offering unsurpassed by competitors. The business has continued to grow despite the challenging market conditions and an opportunity has now arisen through natural attrition for an experienced sales manager to join the business.
The role holder will be part of a highly success team and will continue to nurture the development of the team and business in the area.
• Manage and develop a team of up to 20 Advisors
• Deliver an annual team target in agreement with the Regional Manager
• Develop objectives, business plans and targets for their individual teams
• Develop, coach, mentor and motivate the Advisers to ensure performance targets and company standards within the FCA regulatory framework are achieved
• Responsibility for the achievement of office revenue targets whilst maintaining or improving profit margins contributing to the overall Company revenue expectations.
• Develop and maintain a good working relationship with internal stakeholders to maximise opportunities.
• Responsible for delivery and support for company strategy/regulatory changes and business quality in the team.
• Implement effective training and development plans for all direct reports via an annual assessment and ongoing during the year.
• Increase own and other direct reports technical knowledge and awareness of market and legislative conditions to enable the highest standards of advice to be given.
• To recruit and retain new and existing advisers/teams
• To identify adviser’s appropriate training and personal development needs through the annual completion and review of the Personal Development Analysis.
• Experience in managerial roles
• Diploma Level 4 or equivalent in financial services or higher
• Proven success as a business leader with commercial and organisational awareness skills
• Excellent knowledge and practical experience of advisory process within financial services, and similarly for corporate business
• Strong leadership, coaching and management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to deliver through others
• Excellent communication and time management skills
You will have the ability to undertake a number of tasks covering a large geographical area, leading by example and with the ability to motivate and retain staff whilst maintaining a flexible approach.
You will be rewarded with a very generous basic salary, bonus potential and benefits package including a whole range of flexible benefits.
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note that our client is an equal opportunities Employer and adheres to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.