Salary: £60,000 to £70,000
Location: Peterborough, Cambridge, Leicester, Cambridgeshire, Leicestershire, Rutland
Ref: 1 - LCM - MH
Our client is a global player and the most respected in their sector.
The purpose of this position is to ensure the group of companies across EMEA are fully compliant with financial filing, corporate and legal requirements and continue to promote and maintain high standards of corporate governance across the business.
The successful individual will provide company secretarial support, including the preparation of resolutions and associated documentation and local registry forms, in consultation with external service providers/business where local laws/languages deem it necessary.
To verify, populate, maintain accurate data in the corporate governance software system including the maintenance and retention of corporate company records.
To develop policies and procedures to support Good Corporate Governance and practices and to provide education and training to the business and its directors. To ensure the efficient signing, filing, circulation and retention of necessary documentation both internally and externally.
Generally, to support the global legal and corporate governance teams as necessary.
The Role / Key Responsibilities:
Chartered membership of The Chartered Governance Institute (formerly called The Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators).
* Provide expert governance and compliance support services to the business and its directors across
47 jurisdictions in Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific
* Provision of governance documentation including resolutions, associated compliance documentation,
PoAs and local registry forms e.g. annual filings (paper and e-filings), directorship changes etc.
* Co-ordination of Board Meetings and circulation of Notices to Officers/Shareholders as is required by
* Prepare document packs, support, co-ordinate and assist the process for complex corporate
transactions across multiple jurisdictions, languages and time zones including capital contributions,
dividend payments etc.
* Act as a single point of contact in the region for gaining signatures for legal and financial
documentation, including records management of the same.
* Maintenance of corporate governance software system (Diligent Entities). Act as administrator for the
system and ensure access rights and data integrity are actively managed.
* Maintenance, retention and storage of corporate company records including the creation and provision
of organisational charts as required.
* Support and facilitate changes in corporate structure as necessary e.g. share transfers, dissolutions
* Support the Head of Legal for Europe and Middle East and teams as needed.
* Support treasury, finance and tax teams with documentational requests from banks, auditors and tax
* Completion of KYC and UBO declarations as is required by local laws and as requested from banks and
other third parties.
* Ensure directors, are kept up-to-date with changes in legislation and company representatives
educated regarding their individual signing authorities.
* Encourage and drive improvements in corporate governance practices, electronic signature methods
and precedents where appropriate.
* Source external legal/governance advisors to the business, review listing from time to time with peers
to ensure service levels and cost effectiveness is maintained.
* Build and maintain professional relationships across the business and with external parties such as
legal advisors, registries, notaries etc.
* Act as a point of contact for registries in multiple legal jurisdictions including management and
renewal of digital signatures as appropriate.
The ideal successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
* At least 5 years previous experience as Governance Professional in an international commercial
* Expert knowledge of corporate governance global entity management software system, Diligent *
Entities (formerly Blueprint OneWorld) or equivalent at an administrative level for data management
* Experience of dealing with corporate financial transactions in an international environment.
* Working knowledge of local commercial registry systems and processes across Europe, Middle East
and Asia Pacific, including UK Companies House.
* Able to travel internationally occasionally as required for global events, role development and
* Ability to confidently work with professionals and stakeholders in the legal team and around the
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to confidently build strong working
relationships and trust with internal and external stakeholders up to CEO level.
* Must maintain high ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct and have a
self determination to deliver.
* A confident individual able to make and defend decisions based upon business understanding,
business risk and best practice.
* A flexible, pragmatic and open working style that adapts to different cultures.
* A knowledge of other languages would be an advantage.
* A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note that our client is an equal opportunities Employer and adheres to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability, or religious belief.